Community Foundation of Elkhart County invests $982,048 with grants to non-profits
ELKHART, Indiana – The Community Foundation of Elkhart County’s Board of Directors approved $982,048 of new and multi-year grants to dozens of nonprofits and programs throughout Elkhart County.
The grants were given in the categories of placemaking, kids and families, and career pathways, reflecting the priorities of the Community Foundation.
“Elkhart County benefits from many nonprofit organizations improving the quality of life for our community in so many ways,” said Candy Yoder, Chief Program Officer. “We are proud to join other philanthropists to support these organizations; together we can make a difference.”
The grants awarded between January 1 and mid-April are:
Placemaking grants totaling $343,038
- Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County, capital campaign, $250,000
- 7 grants of $25,000 or less totaled $93,038
Kids and Families grants totaling $329,200
- Center for Healing and Hope, capital campaign for building purchase, $75,000
- Community Health Clinic, capital campaign, $150,000
- Greencroft Communities Foundation, capital campaign for Middlebury, $25,000
- 8 grants of $25,000 or less totaled $79,200
Career Pathways grants totaling $279,720
- Stable Grounds, capital campaign for therapy barn expansion, $190,614
- 6 grants of $25,000 or less totaled $89,106
Opportunity Fund totaling $82,540
- 33 grants for sponsorships and memberships, $82,540
Grant requests are reviewed by staff and volunteer committees comprised of a diverse range of community members who are engaged with their respective sectors and make every effort to be aware of emerging and ongoing initiatives. Staff members can make decisions on grants of $25,000 or less and the board of the Community Foundation of Elkhart County approves all grants.
- Name: Candy Yoder
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: (574) 295-8761
Chief Program Officer