Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship and Guy David Gundlach Memorial Scholarship
Since 1998, the Community Foundation has been a proud partner of the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship (LECS) Program, which has provided more than 90 students from Elkhart County with the financial means to complete a post-secondary education.
Through the Community Foundation of Elkhart County, Lilly Endowment Inc. will award four-year, full-tuition (room and board not included) scholarships to three 2022 Elkhart County seniors. These students who will begin classes in the fall of 2022 may attend any accredited Indiana college.
Each eligible high school in the county may nominate one student. From this group, the Community Foundation’s Career Pathways Committee will nominate the Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship (LECS) finalists. Independent Colleges of Indiana (ICI) will select the final scholarship recipients.
As a compliment to the LECS Program, the Community Foundation is honored to carry on the legacy of Guy David Gundlach by awarding nominees not selected as LECS recipients with the Guy David Gundlach Memorial Scholarship of $20,000 ($5,000 for four years) toward tuition. Mr. Gundlach was a successful entrepreneur who believed education was a key factor to his success.
- A resident of Elkhart County
- Neither parent/guardian with whom the student resides has completed a 4-year baccalaureate degree
- Accredited Elkhart County high school graduate
- Course of study requirements: Core 40, Indiana Academic Honors Diploma or equivalent
- Planning to enroll in an accredited Indiana college in the fall of 2022
- Must enroll in a four-year college degree program
Elkhart County high schools nominate a student to apply via the online Universal Application. The application window was August 1 to September 27, 2021 and will again open in fall 2022.