16 Feb Sept. 13: Strategic Planning Workshop
Organizations are increasingly being asked to do more with less. That means you need to focus your efforts around the most critical priority initiatives, as opposed to trying to do everything. Planning your year strategically, organized around these priorities, is critical. You may be wondering:
- How do I know if my organization is ready for a strategic plan, and why do I want one?
- What needs to take place to get us ready? Do we need a strategic plan, or more of an operational plan to stabilize us before we can grow?
- What does strategic planning mean? What does a healthy strategic plan look like?
- What are the key elements we should address in our plan?
- Who needs to be included in prioritizing our needs?
- Who are the stakeholders who should have input?
This workshop is designed to address these questions, and give you inspiration and a framework to consider the right next steps for your organization.
Jen Pendleton, CFRE, Vice President-Indiana at Aly Sterling Philanthropy, is a self-described board governance “nerd” who believes sound leadership and strong organizational culture are keys to nonprofit success. She is also driven to help these leaders identify their nonprofits’ unique qualities and roles in the community, with the goals of making nonprofit magic happen and bringing vibrant visions to life.
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
7:30 a.m. Registration and continental breakfast
8:00 a.m. Strategic Planning Workshop
11:00 a.m. Elkhart County Nonprofit Panel
12:00 p.m. Roundtable-style Lunch
1:00 p.m. 1-on-1 Consultant time (optional and scheduled)
Ivy Tech Community Center
22531 County Road 18, Goshen, IN 46528
Each participating organization must have at least two representatives.
$25 per organization (2 people included)
$15 for additional participants
WHO IS INVITED
Leaders, staff and board members from nonprofit organizations serving Elkhart County.
Questions? Contact Justine Lightfoot at Justine@InspiringGood.org or 574-295-8761.