28 Apr United Against Hunger Drive-Thru Food Drive planned for May 16
Help fight against hunger in Elkhart County!
How? Simply buy a few extra items on your next grocery trip and drop off nonperishables at any one of eight drive-through locations on Saturday morning May 16th between 9 a.m. and noon.
Not going out? We understand. Your financial donation will be put to good use. A $25 donation via the COVID-19 Community Response Fund yields 75 meals for a family in need. Pantries can leverage your dollars.
Our local food pantries have ongoing needs and this food drive will help meet them in the coming weeks and months.
Donate via this link or mail a check to Community Foundation of Elkhart County, 300 Nibco Parkway, Elkhart 46516. Please write COVID-19 Food Drive on the memo line. If you have a particular pantry you wish to support let us know that in the memo too. All dollars raised – 100 percent – will be used for local food. Proceeds will be divided equally among 12 pantries in Elkhart County.
The food drive is a collaboration between United Way of Elkhart & LaGrange Counties, the Community Foundation of Elkhart County, and the 13 pantries that will receive the support.
The most in-demand items for local pantries are:
- peanut butter
- spaghetti sauce (plastic jars)
- pasta noodles
- canned meat
- macaroni & cheese
- canned fruit
- hamburger/tuna helper
Drive-Thru Drop Off Locations (9 a.m. to noon on Saturday May 16)
- Bristol Food Pantry – 101 W. Vistula St., Bristol
- Church Community Services – 907 Oakland Ave., Elkhart
- Faith Mission – 801 Benham Ave., Elkhart
- Middlebury Food Pantry – 13307 CR 13, Middlebury
- NorthWood High School (collection site for Family Christian Development Center & Open Door) – 2101 N. Main St., Nappanee
- Salvation Army of Elkhart (also collecting for Guidance Ministries, St. Johns, & Suzanna’s Kitchen) – 300 N. Main St., Elkhart
- Salvation Army of Goshen – 1013 N. Main St., Goshen
- The Window – 223 S. Main St., Goshen
In addition to those agencies, Susannah’s Kitchen and St. John’s Food Pantry will benefit from donations.